Thank you for visiting my website!
I’m a Certified Fund Raising Executive with 25 years of experience as a nonprofit development officer, board member, nonprofit volunteer, corporate financial analyst, entrepreneur and university instructor. I also have an MBA in Finance from The American University. I understand the business world, too, as I was in the corporate world as a Financial Analyst with Marriott International and IBM.
After my daughter was diagnosed with autism in 1995, I was “bitten by the nonprofit bug” and began volunteering for and later working at nonprofits, and I’ve never looked back. In that time, I also grew two businesses, and sold them – but for me, nonprofit work was my calling.
I’m the author of “Tag, You’re It: Now Raise Us Some Money! – Lessons from The Small Shop Blog.” (available on Amazon.com.) I was the Chief Development Officer for CSAAC for 9 years – I was given a small budget- and raised over $3 million in that time. I was the quintessential “fundraising shop of one!” Prior to that, I was the Director of Information and Referral at the Autism Society of America, where I was responsible for program development and aligning fundraising goals with programmatic needs.
I started my own consulting practice in 2014 because my passion is to see growing nonprofits move to the next level in fundraising and get the training needed to make that happen. I have a unique perspective and compassion for the needs of emerging nonprofits, because I’ve been there. I bring to the table my own experience of being a sole development director who has worn many hats: fundraising, donor relations, newsletter and e-mail marketing, public relations, grant writing and event conceptualization and implementation. Whew. That’s a lot of stuff!
My team and I are ready to help you in all aspects of fundraising, marketing, website development, board training and general fundraising coaching.
I can help you-
- Steward donors in your database to move them up to making larger gifts
- Train your board members and help them understand what they should be doing to effectively govern and help raise more funds in a way that is fun and not intimidating
- Empower you so you have no fear for asking for gifts from current donors and prospects
- Create messaging and branding for your nonprofit web site, newsletter, social media, and email marketing that effectively tells your story with words and images that will tug on the heart strings of potential donors and open their wallets
- Manage your social media, e-mail marketing via MailChimp™ or ConstantContact™ or clean up your donor database with Raiser’s Edge™ and analyze your donor base to “move them up the giving pyramid.”
- If you are a client of Network for Good or Donorpath, I became a Fundraising Coach as part of their experts group beginning March, 2017. Contact your NFG representative to learn how to select me as your Coach.
Nonprofit fundraising staff people are often stretched thin and need vision to put an effective plan in motion. Call (240) 423-2647 or contact me by clicking here for your free 30 minute consultation today to start moving YOUR mission forward! I look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that the 30-minute complimentary consultation is for IRS registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations only. I am unable to assist with personal fundraising initiatives.